Francisca Garza’s obituary from 1955 mentions her living children:
- Jose Garza Sauceda, Phoenix
- Cruz Garza Sauceda, Phoenix
- Benny Garza Sauceda, Phoenix (my maternal grandfather)
- Paul Garza Sauceda, Phoenix
- Felipe Garza Sauceda, Bryan, Brazos County, Texas
- Segro? [I think this is supposed to be Ysidro Garza Sauceda], Houston, Texas
- Manuela Bernal [née Manuela Garza Sauceda], Bryan, Brazos County, Texas
We know that Francisca was born in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico and eventually ended up in Texas, we’re just not sure when. Tracing her children I was able to see the different places she lived in Texas. Her son Felipe was born in San Ysidro, Zapata County, Mexico, Cruz Garza Sauceda was born in Paige, Bastrop County, Texas, and others including grandpa Benny were born in Tyler, Smith County, Texas.
Using the children’s birth years and locations I was able to find Bernardo Sauceda and Francisca Garza’s record of marriage in 1900 in Zapata County, Texas.